Hello, all 🙂 welcome back to another mommy tip Monday today I am going to discuss a few moms hacks and advice I’ve learned along the way and some which have been passed down to me.
- Pack your extra set of clothes in a plastic Ziplock bag- I keep my sons extra set of clothes in a large Ziplock bag in case he has an emergency I could put the dirty clothes in the Ziplocks bag without having to worry about carrying an extra bag for it.
- Place fresh diaper underneath the baby before changing the baby’s diaper- I have noticed a lot of moms do diaper changes differently and it wasn’t until a friend of mine did it in front of me did I tell her how quick the clean-up would be. I have always changed diapers this way since before having my son and it’s saved me from dirtying anything and changing my baby on different surfaces without using a changing pad at times. While a changing pad is always recommended, I sometimes can’t get to it.
- Wash or drench poop stained clothes immediately- In order to prevent poop stains, you need to wash them immediately with cold water, you could also use stain remover let it sit then wash immediately. I also like to use a little bit of white vinegar I have found it helps with smell and stains.
- Roll onesie up over baby’s arms during diaper change- If you find that your baby sticks their hand into the dirty area simply rolling their onesie over their arms will prevent them from doing so. Also helps prevent them from getting dirty. * I just recently heard this hack. Hopefully, it helps you. *
- Have a portable diaper station- This hack I have used from time to time. I typically keep a diaper station when I am in the living room or downstairs away from the baby’s nursery room. This keeps me from having to rush upstairs when I have to change baby. I also store things like hand sanitizer, wipes, diapers, changing pad and even a set of clothes for just in case. This is practical and you don’t even really need a changing table if you don’t have space for it.
- Avoid using your changing pad cover during blowouts- This will prevent you from contaminating your changing pad cover also, it’s easier to disinfect since changing pads are plastic material nothing seeps in and all you do is spray and wipe without a worry.
- Live in the now- Stop worrying about the to-do list, laundry loads that need to be done. Enjoy your baby now live in the moment and create memories. I used to struggle with this for a few months and now I am perfectly fine sitting on the floor and hanging out with my baby.
- Stick to an early bedtime routine- Not only is sleep important for your baby and you. This will allow you to have time to relax and rest for the next day.
- Trust your instincts- Whenever you feel something is wrong with your baby to go with your instinct. Never hesitate to take them to the doctors for a check-up or whatever your gut says.
- Let your partner take over- This is going to be one of the most important things to do as a new mom. Not only is it healthy for your baby to bond with their father. In my case in allowing my son bond with his dad during the evenings, he gives him his last bottle of the night while I shower and relax which is greatly appreciated. I also have a few hours in the day when they both play together while I cook dinner, clean up and do things without having to worry about the baby.
This concludes this mommy hacks blog post. As always I thank you all for stopping by. If you have any mommy hacks and advice for new moms please leave them down below in the comments section. I am always looking for new ideas, suggestions, advice from other moms.
Until next time, have a great day!
Atención at toda mamá emprendedora de empresa todo los miércoles voy a promocionar y hablar con una madre empresaria para apoyar su negocio y hacer toda una comunidad de apoyar a la madre trabajadora. Para formar parte de esto me pueden mandar un email con su información a este correo electronico firstname.lastname@example.org y si tiene una cuenta de Instagram porfavor sigue el post que va con este blog y ponga su cuenta de instagram para anadir su cuenta en un futuro post de Madre emprendedora de empresa.
*No busco nada acambio de promocionar sus empresas o trabajo. Al contrario todo esto es hecho con mucho amor y nada mas que una forma de unir las madres duenas de sus empresas.*
Como siempre les agradezco que hayan pasado por mi blog en el dia de hoy.
Con esto concluyo mi blog de hoy les deseo todo lo mejor y que tengan un lindo dia.
Attention to all working Mom’s/ Mommy’s! Each Wednesday I will be posting and spotlighting a mom who’s an entrepreneur either for a side business or who does it full time. This is open to all moms the main point of this is to support working mothers and create a community.
If you’d like to form a part of the Working Mommy Wednesday please send me an email to email@example.com and also if you have IG please like the post titled Working Mommy Wednesday @ your own page to feature you in a future Working mommy Wednesday post.
*Please keep in mind I am not asking for anything in return or in exchange of anything but simply connecting mom entrepreneurs with other mom entrepreneurs and supporting the working mom. *
As always, I thank you for stopping by and wish you all a great day.
Hello to all mommies/mommy to be 🙂 today I am excited to have my first blog post of 2019 be a mommy blog post. Since becoming a mommy to my handsome baby boy six months ago I remember what it was like being pregnant and being completely clueless about what really was needed in a diaper bag. So today I have decided I should write a blog post myself about my diaper bag must-haves and hopefully inspire a mommy to be or mommy who probably could use my tips/advice.
- Diapers/ wipes– Apparently, when I did my research they say it’s good to have one for each hour you will be out. However, I feel like this changes for every baby since, after all, each child is different. I usually keep 4-5 diapers in my diaper bag and then carry extras in elsewhere to keep my diaper bag from getting heavy. Wipes I have in the soft pouch and I don’t have a set amount just refill my soft wipe pouch up. *Please make sure you add your diapers as you use them so you won’t be without at an important time 🙂 you are welcome in advance.*
- Mini pampers pouch- This pouch HAS ALL OF MY BABIES ESSENTIALS! From his diaper rash ointment/ cream, Aquaphor, nail clippers, mini/travel size toiletries, saline solution, Nose Frida, and medications. Everything I would need just in case any scenario was to happen I have it in my pampers pouch. (which was given to me with samples in the hospital.)
- Extra outfit/ change of clothes-As a mom you will never know when the next blowout will be or when the baby will accidentally spill something on their clothes, throw up etc. * My added tip! place the extra set of clothes inside a Ziploc bag that way the dirty/soiled clothes can go in.*
- Changing pad/disposable pads-Makes cleaning his diaper easier when laying him down in the changing tables. *I know some public restaurants and places do have some but it’s always best to have one just in case they don’t. *
- Hand Sanitizer-So important and I have become obsessed with since my pregnancy.
- Pacifier disinfecting wipes- BEST invention ever! You disinfect pacifiers, nipples on the bottles. Teething toys on the go when they fall/ get dirty. And they will, especially once the little ones start throwing things out!
- Bottles & formula-I keep bottles with water and formula in the dispenser ready for the next bottle feeding on the go. The best thing about my diaper bag is that I have three slots for bottles and they are insulated which will keep the milk either cold or warm for hours. I recommend those to makes life a little easier.
- Swaddle blanket-Whoever created the swaddle blanket is truly a genius. I love my muslin swaddle blankets. I usually keep anywhere from one to two in my diaper bag. I love that they are light yet also are warm for my baby boy. I’ve used this during the summer and even now in the winter. It’s always handy to keep them close by.
- Favorite toy- For any moment where your little one gets fussy make sure you have their favorite small toy, small stuffed animal around. My little guy loves his little plush elephant which has two teething areas as well great for him when his gums hurt.
- Snack- If the baby is already having snacks it’s important to carry some.
- First aid kit
- Sling wrap
Nursing cover (you could always use Muslin swaddle blanket)
- Breast pads- Especially right after having a baby or while breastfeeding is very important!!
- Pads- Very important especially right after labor and delivery and once your period comes back it’s always good to have.
- Wallet- self-explanatory
- Cell phone
- Pen /paper
- Lip balm/ chapstick
- Planner/ important documents
I hope you enjoy some of my diaper bag must-haves. If you have any questions please feel free to ask. And to those mamas please share your diaper bag must-haves I am always curious.
As always I will you all the best!
-Rewritten perfectly (mama)