Hello, all welcome back to another blog post :). Today I am posting my 30 before 30 Bucket List. Since I am currently a few weeks before turning the BIG 3-0 I wanted to post my bucket list and see how much I have accomplished and what I yet to complete. I have seen some posts around about turning 30 and their goals and I have decided to share mine.
- Graduate College- (2010,2013,2015 were all my graduation dates from Associate’s degree, to my Bachelor’s degrees.)
- Dye my hair a fun color (Red, Blonde, highlights were all done on my hair)
- Crochet items- (Two twin size blankets, 4 mini blankets, booties, a sweater for a baby.)
- Visit Mexico- Went and had an incredible time, visited several places in Mexico
- Visit Florida- Had an amazing time in Florida. Got to experience how people live there different from New York.
- Have a baby/ start my own family- Started my family with my fiancé who we’ve been together for 10 years. I love my son and our little family.
- Go to the movies alone- Enjoyed this experience did it several times, this wasn’t awkward at all.
- Go out to eat alone- Loved my own company eating alone had time to reflect and nobody notices nothing everyone is consumed in their own lives. Everyone should try this at least once.
- See a Broadway show- West Side Story was great on Broadway. I heard there making a new one looking forward to seeing it.
- Go camping- I have gone camping once and it was an interesting experience. For someone who doesn’t like bugs, I am proud of myself for trying and facing all that was thrown my way :).
- Volunteer- I have volunteered in several different ways and will continue to do so. Walked for causes, donating time to the elderly, donating clothes, coat drives. In 2020 I would like to do a back to school backpack drive and a toy drive for children.
- Own a pet- I had an amazing dog named Bucca who sadly passed away September 2, 2018. Had her for 11 unforgettable years will always be thankful for her.
- Read 50 books- I can proudly say that in the past 10 years I have read approximately a little over 300 books in both Spanish and English.
- Have family pictures taken- We have been doing good so far.
- Take better care of my health- I have been working on taking better care of my health. Health is wealth.
- Get rid of 30 things in 30 days- I have been working on throwing things out several times it helps with clutter.
- Rekindle an old friendship- I reconnected with a college friend who I haven’t spoken to in 10 years :).
- Make new friends- I have made some amazing new friends
- Hug more- lots of hugs have been given and many smiles follow.
- Host my own Thanksgiving- Hosted Thanksgivings in 2017,2018.
- Start a blog – Rewritten Perfectly est. 2018
- Plan my 30th birthday party- Currently planning a great birthday having my best friend coming over from Texas to celebrate. Stay tuned for all my 30th birthday event. And also we will be celebrating it in small with family.
- Host a craft party for moms and kids- Looking forward to sharing all of the mommy and me moments I have done so far and the ones we have coming soon :).
- Keep a plant alive- Currently have two plants that were gifted to me that are thriving 🙂 hoping it remains that way.
- Go outside your comfort zone-I have had a lot of growth when it comes to coming out of my comfort zone, which has helped tremendously with feeling anxious.
- Build your own values- This is important for me especially since I now have a little family of my own.
- Learn who your true friends are- One of the best lessons I have learned was to learn who my true friends are.
- Smile more- Smiling a lot more these days. Since becoming a mom I find that seeing life through my son’s eyes gives me a reason to smile more.
- Ignore what others say about you- This too has been a valuable lesson I have learned. What others say about me is absolutely none of my business.
- Parent your child the way you feel is best not what others may impose on you- I have successfully have been doing this since the day my son is born.
After going through all of my 30 before 30 bucket list, I realize I have accomplished most if not all of it. I look forward to making new accomplishments to work on in the new decade I am about to embark on. What will your new goals be? What is your Bucket list for the next decade? I look forward to reading yours please leave them below in the comment section.
As always I thank you all for stopping by today. Until next time
Hi, all welcome to the very first blog post of 2020. Happy New Year! Today’s blog will be a fun one I will be sharing my 20 goals in 2020.
- Find a good balance with work, family life, and my health – This is basically me figuring out how many hours a week I can put into everything, without it having a detrimental effect on my health. Being a new mom has had its challenges when it comes to figuring when to say no or ask for help, this year I want to make sure I find a balance.
- Achieve my current fitness goals- My current fitness goals are to work towards a healthy lifestyle, make healthier options, and walk more.
- Clear credit cards- There’s not a lot of debt on my credit cards, but it is always good to keep debts in check.
- Make a family album- All of my special moments have been captured on my iPhone and stored online. This year I want to print out all of my pictures make photo albums for the past 10 years (stages in my life University graduations, pregnancy and delivery of my baby boy, his first year of life and all of our adventures.)
- DRINK more Water- I need to definitely drink more water which is crazy I used to drink lots of water before and now not as much. I know how important water is to our bodies and skin therefore it’s a goal of mine.
- Write what I am grateful for in a journal- I love this idea. I know this will give me a lot more perspective when I am having bad moments just to reflect on all that I have to be thankful for.
- Create a stockpile- I’ve done this several times especially when it comes to my baby boy’s things (diapers, shampoos, body wash, etc.) but I would like to expand my stockpile when it comes to several areas of my household.
- Declutter- After the holidays so many things came in and it’s time to start decluttering and creating donating piles, giving away to family or friends before throwing them out.
- Go outside more- Even if it’s only 15 minutes sunlight is important as well as getting some fresh air including in the fall and winter months. I want to make even more of an effort in taking my baby during the winter outside for a stroll around.
- Schedule in self-care time- I want to be working/ functioning at my highest potential therefore, I want to make sure I schedule in self-care time for me and stop placing myself last. (This includes getting enough sleep, water, good health nutritious foods, exercising and having fun/ relaxing.)
- Read more at least 36 books this year- I love to read and this year I want to read more books including listening to audible books as well. (This is also a goal for my baby boy. I want to read him a book AT LEAST each day this year. And in order to keep track 🙂 I have come across a really cool reading log which I will track for each book I read to him.)
- Journal at least 2x a week- I want to journal and just have something to reflect on when I look back next year. Like the saying goes “if you don’t write it down, you’re going to forget it all. I don’t want to forget”
- Speak to cousins/ family/friends and start new traditions for my family (and stick to them)- I am such a sucker for traditions I always say I would like to try them and love when I see families do it. I have decided this year I would like to actually figure out how to delegate it. Example: I would like to host Valentine’s Day party with some friends and their children. I would love to host my second Thanksgiving but do it more like a” Friendsgiving lunch/dinner”
- Host dinner parties with friends/families- Make them themed create traditions as well for the holidays, and even celebrate birthdays.
- Birthday & Holiday Cards- I would love to start personalizing them again and the best way to do it is if I actually add them into my calendars now! I did create a Christmas card for my son’s first Christmas but this past year eh we didn’t. I would like to start adding this, so I can send out personalized cards throughout the year.
- Say YES more- I’ve been known to say no to things and while it’s made me feel good about it. I think it’s important for me to say Yes to invites so in 2020. I will be saying YES, a whole lot more J.
- Create an emergency preparedness kit- We should always be prepared for all sorts of emergency situations, therefore, I have officially completed this one J. If it’s something you’d like to see let me know I will be more than glad to share. I would like to share that this would be a good time to check on your emergency stockpiles, any emergency items that you have including flashlights, water, emergency car kits.
- Build a better budget- In building a better budget I will be able to be consistent with it instead of doing what I have done in previous years of giving up after a few months.
- Join a club- I would like to join a club so I could socialize and interact with others as well as starting a new hobby.
- Start practicing recycle, reuse, reduce plastic- I would like to contribute when it comes to reducing plastic and helping the earth. It comes with education and research I would like to know what I can do to help. If you know any sites or organizations, I would greatly appreciate it.
- Plan a vacation- According to research women who vacation at least twice a year have a lower heart attack risk than those who rarely do. Therefore this 2020 I would like to book two vacations.
- Switch up my routine from time to time- This goal of mine is one in which is to switch up my routine this would lead me from being conformed to the typical day-to-day.
I would like to know what your goals are in 2020 list them down below. I love to learn from others and see what I could add. Thank you for stopping by today I wish you all a happy, healthy, productive 2020.
Until next time!