Hello, all 🙂 welcome back to another mommy tip Monday today I am going to discuss a few moms hacks and advice I’ve learned along the way and some which have been passed down to me.
- Pack your extra set of clothes in a plastic Ziplock bag- I keep my sons extra set of clothes in a large Ziplock bag in case he has an emergency I could put the dirty clothes in the Ziplocks bag without having to worry about carrying an extra bag for it.
- Place fresh diaper underneath the baby before changing the baby’s diaper- I have noticed a lot of moms do diaper changes differently and it wasn’t until a friend of mine did it in front of me did I tell her how quick the clean-up would be. I have always changed diapers this way since before having my son and it’s saved me from dirtying anything and changing my baby on different surfaces without using a changing pad at times. While a changing pad is always recommended, I sometimes can’t get to it.
- Wash or drench poop stained clothes immediately- In order to prevent poop stains, you need to wash them immediately with cold water, you could also use stain remover let it sit then wash immediately. I also like to use a little bit of white vinegar I have found it helps with smell and stains.
- Roll onesie up over baby’s arms during diaper change- If you find that your baby sticks their hand into the dirty area simply rolling their onesie over their arms will prevent them from doing so. Also helps prevent them from getting dirty. * I just recently heard this hack. Hopefully, it helps you. *
- Have a portable diaper station- This hack I have used from time to time. I typically keep a diaper station when I am in the living room or downstairs away from the baby’s nursery room. This keeps me from having to rush upstairs when I have to change baby. I also store things like hand sanitizer, wipes, diapers, changing pad and even a set of clothes for just in case. This is practical and you don’t even really need a changing table if you don’t have space for it.
- Avoid using your changing pad cover during blowouts- This will prevent you from contaminating your changing pad cover also, it’s easier to disinfect since changing pads are plastic material nothing seeps in and all you do is spray and wipe without a worry.
- Live in the now- Stop worrying about the to-do list, laundry loads that need to be done. Enjoy your baby now live in the moment and create memories. I used to struggle with this for a few months and now I am perfectly fine sitting on the floor and hanging out with my baby.
- Stick to an early bedtime routine- Not only is sleep important for your baby and you. This will allow you to have time to relax and rest for the next day.
- Trust your instincts- Whenever you feel something is wrong with your baby to go with your instinct. Never hesitate to take them to the doctors for a check-up or whatever your gut says.
- Let your partner take over- This is going to be one of the most important things to do as a new mom. Not only is it healthy for your baby to bond with their father. In my case in allowing my son bond with his dad during the evenings, he gives him his last bottle of the night while I shower and relax which is greatly appreciated. I also have a few hours in the day when they both play together while I cook dinner, clean up and do things without having to worry about the baby.
This concludes this mommy hacks blog post. As always I thank you all for stopping by. If you have any mommy hacks and advice for new moms please leave them down below in the comments section. I am always looking for new ideas, suggestions, advice from other moms.
Until next time, have a great day!